I share with other people - is it my responsibility to provide a TV Licence?

If you are going to be sharing a house, a separate tenancy agreement would mean your room is classified as a separately occupied place. In this case, if you have a TV in your room, you will need your own TV Licence.

However, if there is only one TV in a communal area, then only one TV Licence is required. Ultimately, if your address is unlicensed, both you and your landlord could face prosecution and a fine of £1,000 (the maximum fine is £2,000 in Guernsey) regardless of your tenancy agreement.

You can buy a TV Licence online.

General information about TV Licensing is available in other languages: