Do I need a licence for my mobile home or caravan?

The law has changed. Your TV Licence now also covers you to download or watch any BBC programmes on iPlayer. Find out more

Yes. If you have a static caravan, mobile home or moveable chalet and it has a TV which is used at the same time as a TV set is being used in your main licensed home you'll need a separate licence to cover your second home. You'll also need to buy a TV Licence if your static caravan, mobile home or moveable chalet is your main residence and you use a TV set in it.

You can buy a TV Licence online.

However, if the TV in your static caravan or mobile home is never in use at the same time as the TV at your main home, you don't need a separate licence. But you do need to complete a declaration form and return it to us so that we can update our records. Please note, the above only applies if:

  • Your caravan, mobile home or moveable chalet is capable of being moved from one place to another (by being towed, or by being transported on a motor vehicle or trailer).
  • You have a TV Licence at your home address.

You can download a copy of the non-simultaneous use declaration form below:

Non-simultaneous use declaration form (PDF 17 Kb opens in a new window)

Print, complete and sign the declaration and send it to the address shown on the form. This form cannot be used if your second property is a permanent structure.

The form will download as a PDF document. To view PDF documents, you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader. This can be downloaded for free from the Adobe website.