I'm over 74 but the licence at my home is in someone else's name. Can I apply for a free over 75 licence?

Yes. If you are over 74 and share your home with a licence holder who is under 74, you can still apply for a free over 75 TV Licence in your own name.

You’ll just need to tell us the household’s existing licence number. Don't know your licence number?

If you are applying when you are 74 and your application is accepted, you will receive your free over 75 TV Licence in the month of your 75th birthday. If you paid by card or cheque to cover you until then, you will receive a receipt which shows you are covered until your 75th birthday. Please keep this safe.

Anyone aged 74 or over and receiving Pension Credit can apply for a free over 75 TV Licence. Pension Credit can be in the name of the licence holder, or in their partner’s name if they’re a couple and live at the same address.

If you or your partner don’t receive Pension Credit you’ll need to continue to pay for your licence.

More information about how to apply


See also:

As the licence holder, can I transfer my licence to someone who is eligible for a free over 75 licence?

General information about TV Licensing is available in other languages: