What to do if you live in the Channel Islands or Isle of Man

View in Welsh
Image of a family looking at a tablet device
Talk about it
You might want someone you know to look at this with you, so you can talk about it.

question mark icon

When you will need a TV Licence:

You will need a TV Licence if you (or anyone living with you):

  • watch or record TV programmes live on any channel or device
  • OR
  • download or watch any BBC programmes on iPlayer.
  • Credit/debit card icon

    How can you buy a TV Licence:

    Some of the ways you can pay for a TV Licence are different in the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man.

    For example, if you live in the Channel Islands, you can pay for your TV Licence at your local post office.

    Aged 75 birthday card icon

    Over 75 TV Licences or short-term licences in the Channel Islands and Isle of Man:

    Also, different rules apply to free, over 75 TV Licences and short-term licences in the Isle of Man, Jersey, Guernsey and Sark.

General information about TV Licensing is available in other languages: