Struggling to pay for your TV Licence?

Can't afford a TV Licence? Struggling to pay?

We know that some customers find paying the licence fee difficult. We will do all we can to help. For example, we can arrange your payment plan around the dates you receive your salary or benefit payments.

If you have a question about your payments, please contact us as soon as possible to talk about what to do next.

If you pay for your licence with a TV Licensing payment card, please call 0300 555 0286*. Lines are open 8:30am to 6:30pm Monday to Friday and 8:30am to 1pm Saturday.

If you pay by Direct Debit, please call 0300 790 6068*. Lines are open 8:30am to 6:30pm Monday to Friday and 8:30am to 1pm Saturday.

*Calls to our 0300 numbers cost no more than a national rate call to an 01 or 02 number, whether from a mobile or landline. If you get inclusive minutes with your mobile, calls to an 0300 number will be included.

Ways to pay for a TV Licence

We offer many different ways to pay for your TV Licence. If you're struggling to pay, please check that you're on the right scheme for you.

With Direct Debit you can spread the cost of your licence. We'll tell you when the payments will be taken from your bank account, so you'll never need to worry about missing a payment. Alternatively the TV Licensing payment card lets you pay using cash either weekly or fortnightly.

Would you like some more help?

There are some not-for-profit organisations that could help you. Their advice is free, confidential and independent.

  • Citizens Advice – visit your local Citizens Advice Bureau (you can find the address in the phone book) or go to (England and Wales), (Scotland) or (Northern Ireland).
  • National Debtline – if you live in England, Wales or Scotland, call 0808 808 4000 or go to their website for advice and information.
  • Debt Action NI – if you live in Northern Ireland, call 0800 917 4607 or go to their website for debt advice.
  • Money Advice Scotland – if you live in Scotland, call 0141 572 0237 or go to their website to find details of debt advice in your area.
  • StepChange Debt Charity (formerly the Consumer Credit Counselling Service) – call 0800 138 1111 or go to their website for debt advice throughout the UK.
  • Credit Services Association – search for ‘credit services association’ in search engines for general help and advice on debt related matters.
  • Money Advice Service – offers free, unbiased advice online.
  • Civil Legal Advice (CLA) – You may be able to get free and confidential advice from CLA as part of legal aid if you’re in England or Wales. Legal aid rules are different in Scotland and Northern Ireland.
  • The Insolvency Service – provides advice to the public on insolvency and redundancy.
  • Christians Against Poverty – provides free debt counselling through home visits, call 0800 328 0006.

General information about TV Licensing is available in other languages: