How to get a free TV Licence if you’re aged 75 or over

View in Welsh
Image of two people aged over 75 watching television
Talk about it
You might want someone you know to look at this with you, so you can talk about it.


Aged 75 birthday card icon

If you are aged 74 or over:

If you’re 74 or older and you or your partner receive Pension Credit you can apply for a free TV Licence. This will cover everyone who lives with you at the same address.

Before you apply

You will need to have the following details ready:

  • proof of your age - this can be a copy of your passport, UK driver's licence, UK birth certificate or EU/EEA national identity card.
  • proof that Pension Credit is being received at your address
  • name and address (including postcode)
  • current TV Licence number.

Or speak to one of our advisers on 0300 790 6117*.

Channel Islands maps icon

If you live in the Channel Islands or Isle of Man:

Different rules apply to free, over 75 TV Licences if you live in the Isle of Man, Jersey, Guernsey or Sark.

question mark icon

Do you need any more help? You can talk to one of our advisers on 0300 790 6114*.

*Calls to our 0300 numbers cost no more than a national rate call to an 01 or 02 number, whether from a mobile or landline. If you get inclusive minutes, calls to an 0300 number will be included free of charge.

General information about TV Licensing is available in other languages: