Second home TV Licence

In some cases your main home’s TV Licence may cover your second home. However, you can’t move your licence to cover your second home while you’re there and then move it back again.

You need a separate TV Licence for:

Houses, flats, bungalows or cottages

You will need a separate TV Licence to watch or record programmes as they’re being shown on TV on any channel or TV service, or to watch or download BBC programmes on BBC iPlayer in your second home.

The exception is if you only ever use devices powered solely by their own internal batteries – in which case your main home’s TV Licence will cover you.

You don’t need a separate TV Licence for:

If you still have questions take a look at TV Licensing FAQs where you can find all the answers in one place.

Second home TV LicenceLink for Second home TV Licence


Need some more help?

Watch our short guide on when you need a TV Licence at your second home.

General information about TV Licensing is available in other languages: