Bilsdale transmitter fire

A fire at a TV transmitter in the North East of England on Tuesday 10 August has impacted TV and radio services for a number of viewers in the area.

Work is being carried out to restore these services as soon as possible.

If you have been unable to receive your Freeview TV coverage for more than a month you may be able to claim a partial refund or an extension to your TV Licence. This will only apply if you have not been able to access BBC iPlayer or any live TV in any other way, including via cable, satellite and online streaming services.

How to apply

More information about how to apply for a partial refund or an extension to your TV Licence will be added to this page on Friday 10 September.

More information

You still need a TV Licence to watch or record TV programmes live on any channel, stream programmes live on an online TV service, download or watch BBC programmes on BBC iPlayer.

If you would like more information regarding reception difficulties, please visit www.bbc.co.uk/reception or call the BBC Reception Advice line on 03700 100 123.

General information about TV Licensing is available in other languages: